What happens when a service provider I invited to bid declines?
When sourcing on Cloudscene Marketplace, we understand that buyers value transparent communication between their organization and the vendors they are working with.
Once you have published either a public or private listing on Marketplace, the service providers you have invited to provide a quote for your requirements may choose to decline that invitation and provide a ‘No Bid’ response to your listing.
This gives you, the buyer, an indication of the service providers that are genuinely interested in providing you with a quote and fulfilling your requirements and those that cannot. There may be a few different reasons as to why a service provider might provide a ‘No Bid’ response to your listing, such as they cannot provide services in the markets your require or they cannot fulfil the contract term you have specified.
Service providers will have the opportunity to provide a reason to you, the buyer, as to why they have decline to quote your listing.
This is what happens when a service provider provides a ‘No Bid’ response on your listing:
- If you have alerts turned on, you’ll receive an email notification indicating that a service provider has provided a ‘No Bid’ response on your listing
- You can then go to My Marketplace to see this in action
- Click on the listing you want to view
- Scroll down to the bottom to view all of the service providers who have been invited to bid on your listing
- You’ll see ‘No Bid’ beside any service provider that has declined your invitation to bid
- This gives you full transparency over the status of each service provider that is related to your listing