I’ve been assigned an opportunity by a team member. What do I do now?
If you’ve received an email notification that a team member has assigned you a Marketplace listing (opportunity) on Cloudscene, great news! You’ve got a new lead waiting for you from an informed buyer of network services, and your team would like you to provide a quote for this on behalf of your organization.
So, what’s next? Follow these steps to manage your new opportunity:
- Go to the email you received about being assigned an opportunity, or go straight to My Marketplace (found in the dropdown menu when you click on your profile icon in the top right-hand corner) on Cloudscene.
- You’ll find the opportunity that’s been assigned to you (i.e. the buyer listing you’ve been asked to quote) in the Sell section.
- If you’re ready to provide a quote for the buyer, click on the listing and click ‘Intend to Bid’ in the top right-hand corner to let the buyer know you will be quoting their listing.
- If you cannot provide a quote for the listing, click the ‘No Bid’ button in the top right-hand corner of the listing, and follow the prompts to provide a reason to the buyer as to why you’ve chosen to give a ‘No Bid’ response.
- Once you’ve intended to bid, you can now provide your quote. Scroll down to the quoting tool at the bottom, and fill out the details.
- Read our guide for best practices on how to respond to a listing if you need help.
- Submit your bid and this opportunity will be marked as ‘Bid Submitted’ and will move into the Pending Buyer Decision section in My Marketplace.
- You will be notified in due course from the buyer as to whether or not your quote was successful.
- Feel free to browse all buyer listings on Marketplace to find more opportunities.
If you have any further questions about being assigned an opportunity, how to submit a bid, or how Cloudscene works, feel free to get in touch with our friendly support team.